Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Here's what I've been up to today: item 2 on the to do list is to re-con the rear axle. So as it snowed heavily last night, I took the day off work and got on with it. I stripped down and rebuilt the handbrake drum brakes, installed the new cables and then fitted the handbrake handle itself.

In this picture you can clearly see the handbrake cables passing through the handle way too far, they need to be shortened. You can also see the reatainer brackets I welded onto the rear axle carrier to hold the ends of the cable conduits. Without these the cables really wouldn't work.
And here's the to-do list up on the wall of the garage, I'm waiting for some parts for the steering so I've moved on to the rear axle for he time being. However I now need a nice day or 2 so I can remove the rear calipers from the BMW outside.










No comments: