Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today I went to the steel stockist and bought the steel tubing required for the first part of my exhaust manifolds. As usual I overestimated the amount I required and bought twice as much as I needed. It only cost £17 though so I'm not too bothered.

Anyways, when I got home with it and got straight up the garage I cut a piece to length, and welded it to a flange I removed from the donor manifolds, I was a little concerned as the flange wasn't very magnetic (ie. not mild steel) and I may not be able to weld to it. As it turns out it welded fine - I still don't know what it is!

In other news - I found reverse! After checking on a diagram what the gear layout was, I was finally able to select all 6 gears, so now I can fully weld the gearshift mount.

Laters!

No comments: