Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ok here we go, finally a proper update:
After my last post I've since found that I could split the brake master cylinder from it's hydraulic servo, making it less than half the size it was originally, which means it's now quite useable. I also managed to mount the clutch return spring so it fits against the floor and operates properly. As far as the rest of the pedal box is concerned, I now have to Make up strong brackets to mount the clutch and brake master cylinders, and fabricate an accelerator pedal. This will take some careful designing as I need to make sure it will produce enough travel to pull the cable through it's full range of movement, otherwise the throttle will be compromised.

I spent some time in the garage this afternoon and dropped the engine and gearbox back in. It now looks like it's coming together quite well. Having the engine in really helps as I can now design things to fit around it, like the steering shaft, and the exhaust manifolds.

I also made up the gearshift, using the donor linkage, and a fabricated mount which for now I've just tack welded into position. I'll fully weld it as soon as I can verify it goes smoothly into every gear (At the moment i can't find reverse, but to be honest I can't remember where it is!).

Anyways here are some pictures - enjoy!










No comments: