Saturday, March 19, 2011

People, today is a BIG day. Today, I drove it for the very first time!

Stormy came over and helped me get it out of the garage and into a large deserted private car park where I drove it up and down slowly in first gear to make sure everything works as it should.

Oh my goodness it's FAAAAAASSST!!!!! Brakes are ok, but need bedding in to improve. That was, until the the rear brakes stuck on. Not sure why, but at a guess I'd say I need new calipers. It's also too loud, I need to find some way of quietening it down a bit, or no track is going to let me run it.


Stormy and then got it loaded onto my home made transporter trailer (see my other blog) after some playing around to work out a procedure for doing it. A car running this low to the ground is difficult to load, but we got there. Below are a couple of pics:






I had a practice tow of the trailer as well, got about 400 yards before one of the ancient tyres on it blew out. Not too bothered about it as there's no damage to the rim, and the tyres have to be changed anyway.





No comments: