Monday, March 14, 2011

Had my usual few hours in the garage yesterday. I polished up all the painted bits with the new mop head on my grinder. To be honest, I'm not very happy with my efforts on the paint. It's got runs, there are pinholes in it, grit in other places, and it just doesn't look great. I think once i've run the car over the summer, I'll take them all off and give them to a bodyshop to be professionally re-done.

Anyhow, I've refitted the arches, and despite the shoddy painting, they actually look good, the metallic blue against the aluminium bodywork. I'll take some pics when the nose is back on.

Yesterday I also did some odd jobs on th back axle that have been waiting for ages, I fully welded the bottom shock mounts and fitted high tensile bolts and locknuts to them too.

This morning I popped to halfords and bought a shorter fan belt for the front of the engine. This is to remove the power steering pump for the drive, it's not connected to anything and will seize up if i run it for any length of time. I left it on the engine to give me the option of using it, but for now I've decided against it. So anyway, I got a decent belt, and re-routed it, but I now need to modify the tensioner pulley as it's spring is now working against the belt in it's new position. I'll remove the spring and replace it with a solit bracket, there will still be some adjustment in it's mounts. Hope to get that done tomorrow.

Once that's done, i can refit the nosecone and install the front indicators, and crack on with the last few jobs i need to do to get it finished!!!!

No comments: