Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Had a look at the braking system and it turns out that the stickinh brakes are being caused by the brake pedal not returning to rest properly. This also explains why I was having difficulty finding the pedal when test driving it. All I need to do here is fit a spring to help the pedal reset after every use, I've ordered some springs and it should be a fairly simple job. I've installed the tonneau cover, looks good too. I've re-wired the lambda sensors so that the wires now pass through the side panels, as they were catching on the trailer when loading /unloading the car. I've removed the nosecone and fitted a mesh grile I made, bonded that on today so the glue should be nicely set tomorrow. I replaced the fan belt with a slightly shorter one and so far it seems to be working well. Still left to do then: replace missing thermostat oil and filter service re-fit nosecone modify brake pedal add an extra silencer to each exhaust replace the tyres on the transporter trailer buy a set of wheel strops to lash it down properly. oh, and give it a good clean. One more thing, I was contacted today by Ian Stent of Complete Kit Car magazine to pay up for their track day in May. So it's now official, it's booked in to go on track on Saturday May 14th.

No comments: