Sunday, July 4, 2010

Since my last post I have done even MORE work on the wiring, I've removed the wiring for the headlights, front indicators, cooling fan and horns. It makes sense to re-use small parts of the loom as the wiring is all the right size and colour coded. Saves money too.

I've also moved on with other things. I made a template and cut out a 1mm steel plate for the bulkhead panel on the front of the scuttle, and tack welded it in place. I'll remove the scuttle to fully weld it, as that will make it much easier to do.

I've bought lots of new stuff too, a pair of 6" headlights with angel eye rings to use as sidelights. They aren't E marked but it doesn't matter as they don't need to be for track use. I've also bought some really cool instuments. A water temp gauge, rev counter, voltmeter and an oil pressure gauge. When off, the faces are black, but then light up red and white, really trick. I've bought the plywood to make the dashboard and i'll make it the same way as the scuttle panel.

No comments: