Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I have finally moved on to the fusebox, I have completely removed the housing, and man, did I ever wish i hadn't. I now have a huge mountain of spaghetti like wiring and no clue what to do with it.

After well over an hour of trying to sift through it, and making no progress at all, I admitted defeat for the day. I've decided to have one more look at it before junking it completely and making a new loom from scratch. Now, that sounds like a huge amount of work, (to be honest, if i had gone down that route originally, it would probably be done by now - galling as that is) but at least i would have the confidence of knowing it all works and is all new.

To achieve this though i would first have to sucessfully remove the engine harness from the rest of the wiring. It's critical that this remains intact. after that i could basically junk the rest of the loom, including the instrument binnacle, and start from scratch, using the wiring diagrams in John Dicken's book as reference.

However, I am going to have one last look at stripping the fusebox down before I take the plunge.

No comments: