Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well here we go again, I have now welded up the fuel tank. 3 times.

At the first attempt, I filled the tank with water and it leaked in 14 places. Actually, i wasn't too disappointed as it was my first ever go at making one.

Second attempt, It leaked in 5 places.

Third attempt, it now only leaks in 1 spot - and it's one I previously marked up but missed. Next go I'll have it sorted, I'm confident.

I have also painted the battery tray, and fabricated the fuel tank holding brackets. The last job i did yesterday was to line them with rubber strips, to stop vibration from the chassis when the car is in motion from damaging the fuel tank.

Next on the list once the fuel tank is leak-free is to paint it (I'll have to be expensive and use 2-pack paint for it that is resistant to petrol) and finally fit it to the chassis. Once it's installed I'm going to plumb in the fuel lines.

No comments: