Sunday, March 21, 2010

Well apologies for not posting again sooner, but my home laptop has completely died.

The good news is I have made good progress. The one panel that needed fitting became 3, all done, as is the pedal box bulkhead. It's not my neatest ever work, but will be hidden from view anyway so I'm not too concerned. It's strong and does it's job.

Moving on from the paneling, I have managed to re-fit the engine and gearbox, attaching the propshaft along the way. It's all now tightly bolted into position - fingers crossed I don't need to take it our again! To me it marks a mojor milestone in the project, as the running gear is now completely assembled. It actually completely confused me yesterday, I needed to roll the car a few feet up the garage so i released the handbrake and pushed, it wouldn't go. It felt like I had left a chock by a wheel, but I looked around and no, I hadn't. I pushed again - won't move. ????? Oh yeah, it must be in gear, dopey prat.

Well I was a vey busy bee yesterday as I moved on to the next item on my to-do list and fitted the battery by fabricating a tray, welding it in position in the rear of the car (no room at the front - it's a big battery) and fabricating a clamp to hold it down.

Today I hope to make the fuel tank, indeed already this morning I have cut and folded the steel for it's main structure. I'll weld it up later on, and try to fit the pump/sender assembly.

As always, I'll post pics when i can.

No comments: