Friday, February 19, 2010

I've had a little potter about with the car this week, I've made up the last of the copper brake lines for the rear axle and installed it, I just need to recover a couple more flexi lines from the scrap BMW to connect it all up. I've also refitted (properly this time) the handbrake cable calmps that i used to shorten them, as they were previously slipping quite badly. The handbrake now seems to work fairly well.

This past week I have also sold my spare alloy wheels on ebay for 155 quid, which will go towards my suspension. I intend to order that when i get paid. The wheels will be collected this week.

Parts-wise I have oredered some brake pipe clips (the P-clips I have are too large), a large Die holder to finish cutting the threads on the steering rack, and a brake proportioning valve, to control the pressure to the rear brakes, to stop them locking up.

I'm back on dayshift from next week so i hope I may be able to get back on with it at the pace i previously had been going at.

No comments: