Monday, February 21, 2011

Last week my Dad popped up to see us, and as he was there I jumped at the chance for some asisstance and got him to help me form the bonnet, using a gas cylinder as a forming tool.

Dad helped me make the basic bends in the aluminium, and i finished it off with some folds on the bottom lips and fitted the clamps to the car. A bit of edging trim front and back and it looks ok. I'm not 100% happy with the fit, but there's not a lot I can do about it now.

I spent my weekend time in the garage entirely working on the nosecone, the endless filling and sanding to make it smooth continues... well, I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel now, the top surface is finished, and the sides should only need 1 more coat of filler and final sanding. Once done i can paint it in primer, then remove the rear wings and paint all the GRP parts. I still havent decided what colour though.

Have pics, will post soon.

No comments: