Thursday, December 30, 2010

Well I have been enjoying my time off over the Christmas break and have been getting some good time in up the garage, at least 3 hours a day for the last few days.

So this week I've:

made and fitted the front side panels
fully welded the exhausts (including the lamda sensor boss)
sand blasted and painted them before finally fitting them
covered the dashboard in black vinyl
Begun the long slog of wiring everything up

The wiring is taking a long time, I was completely expecting this. My plan of attack is mounting all the components (lights, horn etc) and running the long lengths of wire back to the centre of the car, then connecting each circuit up in turn.

So far I've made the front end loom, including lights, horn, instrument sensors and charging circuit. I had previously made the rear loom, but today I made the connections to the new rear lights. I completed the starting/charging circuit today and had a go at starting the engine up, unfortunately I didn't have enough power in the battery to get it going, but maybe tomorrow!

No comments: