Friday, December 31, 2010

SUCCESS!!!

I hooked up the partially charged battery and the full booster pack - to give it the best chance of starting, and within a few seconds of cranking - it fired straight up!

It idles really nicely too.

I checked the charging circuit - working perfectly!

I then wired up the rev counter, voltmeter and water temp guage and ran it for a good ten minutes to check their operation - all working great. The oil pressure gauge isn't yet working as the thread on the pressure sensor doesn't match the engine, I'll have to make up an adaptor for it.

The exhausts are also blowing on the joints between the manifolds and the front pipe, and the passenger side is blowing beween the manifold and the head. Hopefully this shouldn't be too difficult to sort, and was something I had been anticipating.

So not all good news, but I'm really chuffed to have it running properly. I may have left it till the last day, but it is running in 2010!!! It will be finished in the next few months, at last.

So to all, a very happy and prosperous 2011. Happy new Year!

No comments: