Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yesterday evening I finally got a lttile time to myself up the garage. I'm finding it quite difficult to fit any garage time in between working late, helping around the house and spending time with the wife and our 9 week old baby girl.

Anyway, with the short hour and a half I did get, i finally fitted the passenger side panel on the transmission tunnel. Before i could fit it, I had to fill and bleed the clutch. The pedal is very stiff, I'm hoping it'll loosen up in use, if it doesn't, i'll have to remove and re-design the pedal.

I've also fitted the 2 small panels on the driver and passenger footwell tops. Next job is to fit the drivers side trans tunnel panel, then the scuttle can go back on.

I have unfortunately found that I didn't buy enough aluminium, so to save on buying more, I'm going to have to make the seat back panel from steel. I have plenty of 1mm steel plate haning about to make it from so it's not a problem, but it will have to be painted before fitting.

No comments: