Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I spent this past weekend at the national kit car motorshow (aka Stoneleigh) and bought quite a few nice new bits for the car.

Lovely little wing mirrors - £15
Conical Air filter - £10
Fuel hose and clips - £8.50
Fuel Filler cap £17.50
Harnesses - £70
2 second hand Slick Tyres - £20
electrical guide book - £20
Rear light mounts - £15

I think that's about it. also got to meet loads of other car builders and share information, etc. Hope to meet plenty more at a trackday at Llandow in 2 weeks time.

So now it's back on with the build. At the show, i attended a seminar on kit car electrics, how to construct your own loom etc, and now feel a little more confident about completing my own wiring. I have a few ideas left before tearing my hair out completely.

I'm going to remove the starter and bench test it. Hopefully it can be saved as a replacement it about £180. Once that is done I'll have a look at the rear lights as they simply aren't working at all.

The I'll try and get the dash disply working. That i simply havent a clue about, but I really hope I can get it working.

1 comment:

Sevenesque said...

Can you tell me more about the seminar you attended on electrics? I'm poking for something like that in the states, so your insight might prove valuable. Cheers, Jim M.