Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well here's my 100th post!

I'm really happy with it at the moment, having made some good progress. I finally completed the brake lines (had been putting off buying 2 flexi lines) but I won't fill the system with fluid just yet, as the front lines will have to be disconnected when i fit the front body panels. Once the panels are on and the lines reconnected, I'll fill and bleed the system.

I have completed the fuel system, the copper and rubber lines are all installed, along with a fuel filter. The filter is actually from a peugeot 406 that i had lying around, but it is brand new and should be fine.

I drained the fuel from my 2nd donor BMW - the 540i for those who have been paying attention. And found it actually had a fair bit more fuel in it than I had thought. I only had 2 small 5 litre jerry cans, and it filled those and just kep going, so i had to run to halfords and buy a 20L metal jerry can, and it half filled that too! So i have plenty of fuel ready for when i want to run the engine.

I have also moved on to the next step in the build, and the bit I have been most dreading - the wiring looms. When i stripped the donor car, I removed the looms in their entirety - there are 4 of them, one for the engine bay, one for the engine itself, one for the dashboard and one for everything else (creature comforts and the like). Yesterday i laid it all out on the living room floor, much to the annoyance of my ever patient wife, and spent a good couple of hours scratching my head.

This may take a while....

No comments: