Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Afetr loads of staring at the loom, fumbling around with it and scratching my head, I decided on a new course of action.

I have taken the loom up to the garage and laid it our on the car, in much the same way as it was fitted to the donor. I hope to connect all the earths and battery leads, the donor lights and switches, and switch on the juice. In this conficuration I hope the loom still functions, if it does, I can then start to remove the parts I don't need, and if anything I do need stops working, I simply stop and backtack to a point where it was.

I hope to remove most of the loom in this way. The only other problem i have come across so far is the ECU box is huge, too big to fit in th space i had alotted for it. I may end up fabricating a new one, but that is somewhere in the future, right now, i just need to get the electrics them selves working.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Just started reading your blog, keep it going.
My advice is to just plug it all in and insulate all redundant wires before stripping them out.
From memory when building a Dutton many moons ago, I did not fire every thing up until I had everything in place ie intruments lights etc.
When everything works, strip out and tidy up with Spira-wrap available from http://www.maplin.co.uk/searchtemplate.asp?criteria=SPIRA%20WRAP

Good luck. Nick