Friday, December 18, 2009

Yesterday I finally got round to de-rusting and painting the rear half of the chassis. I was avoiding it as the big knotted wire brush on my angle grinder was very fierce and would nearly pull my arms off if i caught it just right on the edge of a tube. Then it dawned on me, my spare grinder has a variable speed control! So using the one with the speed turned down to just below half, I de-rusted it all in super quick time.

I then painted it with a can of hammerite aerosol rustproofing paint. Unfortunately the only colour I could get was silver, I may well repaint it in the future but for now at least it's all protected - looks nice too!

I did take a picture of it, but my new phone (a replacement from O2 - the product of a 3 month saga) didn't come with a data cable, so as soon as i get one, i'll upload it.

No comments: