Sunday, May 17, 2009

Well one good welding session later - and it's not finished.

The welder keeps cutting out due to thermal overload. As it's not a fan cooled welder it's not meant for the heavy use I'm currently giving it. The advantage is that while I've been waiting for the welder to cool down I've started dressing the welds with my angle grinder. The underside is now completely flat which It must be to allow the floor to be fitted.

The plan at the moment is:

1. Finish welding
2. Dress all the welds that have to have panels fitted over them.
3. Wire brush the chassis in stages and paint it as I go.
4. Weld on Suspension Mounts
5. Weld on Strengthening fillet plates
6. Fit wishbones and rear axle
7. Try the wheels on!

So my target for the coming weeks and more probably months is to get the car to a rolling chassis.

BRING IT ON!!!!

No comments: