Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I was soooooooooooooo close! Nearly got the engine out last night!

Disconnected the last coolant hoses, fuel lines, battery cables, lambda sensors, reverse lamp switch, drained the power steering fluid, undid the engine mounts and most of the gearbox bolts (have to leave a couple in to stop it falling apart prematurely).

I set the hoist up, got a grip on the engine and just took the weight. got down to the last couple of gearbox bolts and DOH! Some butcher has been in there before me and rounded the heads off the last 2 bolts.

It might be time for a rethink. If I can't get them out then I'll have to cut the front of the car off to make room to get the engine and gearbox out together. Not the end of the world as I'm scrapping it anyway, just means a heck of a lot more work that's all.

Not sure if I'll get anything done today but I'll go take some pictures to put up so you can see my progress.

No comments: